Monday, June 01, 2009

That's what I call a campfire!



Actually it wasn't a campfire, it was more like a good marshmallow fire. Since it was the last weekend in May we decided that it was high time to have a s'more fire (s'more of what?). So we went to Colette's parents house and camp-fired with Colette's sister and her other sister and families. It was a very nice evening, it was warm enough to sit by the fire with just your shorts and a t-shirt (Well arguably).

We like to make this cinnamon marshmallow biscuit thing. What you do is wrap a raw biscuit around the marshmallow then fire the biscuit until it's golden brown. Disclaimer: the biscuit filled with marshmallow goo will be hot (duh!). Then you roll it in butter then roll it in cinnamon. It's straight from heaven! That's what we were making.

Colette's parents cut down like 6 CottonWood trees this spring so we have tons (literally) of wood, so I hope to have many fires this summer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the marshmellow things actually sound really really good.. I love campfires alot :] we should have one for 4th of July! maybe :]

Reed & Melinda Family said...

Wow that sounds really good and looks really fun!

Jim said...

"That's what I call a campfire!" - Romancing the stone! I get the movie quote points! Maybe I should post my campfire pictures. . .